[DRBD-user] DRBD and Pacemaker cluster: OpenAis communications channels

Romain CHANU romainchanu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 09:07:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am reading the user's guide for DRBD and there is something I want to
clarify.

In Chapter 8 ("Integrating DRBD with Pacemaker clusters"), section 8.1.4
"OpenAis communication channels", it is said that "the absolute minimum
requirement for stable cluster operation is two independent communication
channels in a redundant ring"

Does it mean that if I have a cluster composed of two nodes, I need two NIC
on each node? (one for DRBD replication as well as Pacemaker and the other
one only for Pacemaker)?

Thank you.

Romain Chanu