[DRBD-user] Ext4

Tim O'Donovan tim at icukhosting.co.uk
Fri Oct 16 15:01:18 CEST 2009

Many thanks for all the advice and suggestions folks, much appreciated.
As much as I would love to use ext4, after reviewing everything and
weighing up the pros and cons, I think it's probably wiser to stick with
the tried and tested stability of ext3. Faster fscking alone does make
ext4 very tempting, but it looks like it might be a while before it's
guaranteed to be as reliable as ext3. Will probably revisit this on the
next upgrade in a couple of years, but as Christian pointed out, btrfs
may be the way to go by then.

Thanks again.

Tim