[DRBD-user] DRBD User's Guide 1.3.0

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Fri Oct 16 08:32:41 CEST 2009

Hello Florian,

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:42:06 +0200 Florian Haas wrote:

> - Three new chapters (15, 16, and 17) on optimizing DRBD performance. As
> usual, please be advised that performance tuning is not an exact
> science, so your mileage may vary when applying these recommendations:
>
> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/p-performance.html

Now I'm confused. In the guide it says to keep max-epoch-size and
max-buffers the same for best performance, while the manpage states to keep
unplug-watermark the same as max-buffers. Which one is it?
Or is the conclusion to keep all of them at the same value? ^o^

Still searching for those elusive 70MB/s that are lacking from setup with
a 200MB/s IO subsystem and a 3.4Gb/s network link.

Regards,

Christian
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Communications
http://www.gol.com/