[DRBD-user] Size of /dev/drbd0 is only in MB

Prahladkr prankplayer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 14:00:31 CEST 2009

Hello EevryOne,

            I am new to DRBD so please don't mind my silly questions if i
ask any.  :)

I have installed and configured DRBD on two servers after bit of struggle
but strangely what i am noticing that
the size of /dev/drbd0 is only in MBs where as i had expected it to be in
GBs.

My drbd.conf file is as follows.

----------
global {
  usage-count no;
}

resource mysql {
	protocol C;
	#incon-degr-cmd "halt-f";
#	handlers { pri-on-incon-degr-cmd "halt-f"; }
	startup {
	   degr-wfc-timeout 120; #2 minutes
		}
	disk {
	   on-io-error detach;
	     }
	net {
	}
	syncer {
	   rate 10M;
	   #group 1;
	   al-extents 257;
	}
	on WFMS_DB1 {
		device	/dev/drbd0;
		disk 	/dev/sda3;
		address 10.7.1.54:8000;
		meta-disk internal;
		     }
	on WFMS_DB2 {
		device  /dev/drbd0;
		disk 	/dev/sda3;
		address 10.7.1.55:8000;
		meta-disk internal;
		     }
}
---------

Here is the size of /dev/drbd0 which i have mounted over /drbd .

---------
dev/drbd0            137M  5.6M  125M   5% /drbd
---------

/dev/sda3 is having around 125Gb space available.

Please suggest any solution for this. Did i do anything wrong in
installation ?

Thanks,