[DRBD-user] primary inconsistent

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Oct 13 22:21:46 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:54:54AM +0200, maurizio oggiano wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a problem with a cluster degraded with a node inconsistent state.
> Is there a way to recovery a consistent state even if the sync source is dead?
> Maybe by means a snapshot, but I don't know how to do that.

Can you elaborte on the situation?

Is this just a "what iff" question?
 --> we provide the before-sync-target and after-sync-target hooks.
if you use them as intended, you always have something consistent
to fall back to.

Are you already in a situation where your
only remaining copy of data had been sync target before?

Then you are in the unlucky situation, that your data is inconsistent.
Depending on how far the resync progressed before, and how desperate you
are in trying to reconstruct some of the content,
and of course, how much file system meta data blocks would have been
target of resync, you may be able to still get to most of the files,
in some state or other. But I'd probably rather go for the latest backup
than trying to do cumbersome forensics on a half-way bulk-updated file
system image.

Did I misunderstand the question?

--
: Lars Ellenberg