[DRBD-user] Antwort: Re: Problems with drbdf on multipathed devices

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Oct 12 17:16:51 CEST 2009

On 2009-10-12 17:04, Robert.Koeppl at knapp.com wrote:

> Thanks for your quick reply. I have already set  no_path_retry to fail
> some time ago and just checked the setting, it is still set that way in
> /etc/multipath.conf . But it does not work.
> the handler with halt -f would be fine  - the old handler "panic" is no
> longer available AFAIK
> Multipath-tools are 0.4.8-40.1
> Kernel 2.6.27.19-5-default x86_64

Well if you have DRBD set to on-io-error detach, and you disconnect all
paths to your storage device, and you issue some sort of I/O on the
device, and DRBD does not detach, then it never received an I/O error.

And if you've configured your multipath.conf to "no_path_retry fail",
and it still queues I/O indefinitely, then that would be a dm-multipath
problem. Please double-check with
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/browse/4.6/DM_Multipath/index.html
and if that doesn't turn up a configuration error, please turn to
dm-devel at redhat.com.

Let us know what your findings are. Thanks!

Cheers,
Florian