[DRBD-user] [DRBD-announce] drbd-8.3.3.tar.gz

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Oct 6 13:30:23 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 12:53:20PM +0200, Rainer Traut wrote:
> I see this in dmesg with 8.3.3 and RHEL5.4 x86_64:
>
> block drbd1: write: error=-95 s=5767576s
> block drbd1: Method to ensure write ordering: flush
>
> while in earlier drbd version 8.3.2:
>
> kernel: block drbd1: Method to ensure write ordering: barrier
>
> Anything to be concerned?

Nope.
95 is EOPNOTSUPP, barriers seem to be not supported on your lower level
device, so DRBD falls back to "flush" mode.
which, because implemented as "empty barriers" probably fail as well,
so I guess it falls back further to "drain" mode pretty quickly.

That should be no different between 8.3.2 and 8.3.3, though.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: LINBIT HA-Solutions GmbH