[DRBD-user] Problems updating to 8.3.6 - could not load drbd module

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Thu Nov 26 13:37:41 CET 2009

On 11/26/2009 01:25 PM, Tobias Appel wrote:
> Thanks for the hint. Now I found out what I had to do:
>
> insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/block/drbd.ko

No.

> rmmod drbd.ko

No.

> depmod -ae

Yes. That's the only thing you really needed. This is due to a botched
default in a Makefile, which was fixed in git about a week ago.

> Now it works. I'm off to update the 2nd node now :)

When you do, you probably want to rebuild with --localstatedir=/var. You
could have just built RPMs where that's taken of for you, but you seem
not to like that. :)

Cheers,
Florian