[DRBD-user] DRBD with Heartbeat/Pacemaker cluster stack

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Wed Nov 25 13:42:41 CET 2009

Romain,

I am CCing the Linux-HA list here, as this may be of interest to the
non-DRBD crowd as well.

On 2009-11-25 10:23, Romain CHANU wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a few questions regarding this announcement:
>
> cf.
> http://fghaas.wordpress.com/2009/11/16/linbit-announces-stewardship-for-heartbeat-code-base/
>
> " LINBIT intends to offer improved documentation for the Heartbeat
> messaging layer. This is meant to consolidate the content currently
> found on the linux-ha.org <http://linux-ha.org> wiki site. "
> " LINBIT intends to offer support services for the Heartbeat/Pacemaker
> cluster stack (i.e. the Pacemaker cluster resource manager running on
> top of the Heartbeat cluster communication layer). "
>
> 1) Any milestones for consolidating the Heartbeat documentation?

This is a work in progress, an as-yet rudimentary Heartbeat User's Guide
is in my personal hg repo at http://hg.linbit.com/florian/linux-ha-doc/.
There are no nightly builds or anything for this yet, but as soon as
rendered documentation is available it will be announced here.

Undecided at this point, but most likely somewhere on www.linux-ha.org.

> 3) Any references / documentation available on the configuration of
> Heartbeat/Pacemaker cluster stack  with DRBD?
>
> 4) Can we use the ha.cf <http://ha.cf> described in In the user's guide
> (http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-heartbeat-config.html#s-heartbeat-hacf)
> and manage the resources with Pacemaker
> (http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-pacemaker-crm.html#s-pacemaker-crm-config)?

Yes, you can. I am aware that the UG needs an update in that regard.

> 4) When will LINBIT provide the support services for the
> Heartbeat/Pacemaker cluster stack?

Starting with the final Heartbeat 3.0 release (currently 3.0 is
classified as beta). Which, as previously announced, is planned for January.

Please note: Andrew has already built some Heartbeat packages for
Fedora. These are numbered 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 but constitute current
snapshots of the -dev Mercurial repo. Because of this, the initial
"official" version 3 release will probably be named 3.0.2. Andrew is
aware of this and has promised us to not label any of his builds 3.0.2. :)

I hope this clarifies things. If it does not, please don't hesitate to
come back with more questions.

Cheers,
Florian