[DRBD-user] Resize DRBD / XFS without LVM

Stefan Priebe - allied internet ag s.priebe at allied-internet.ag
Tue Nov 24 11:03:11 CET 2009

> No you haven't. Like newer versions of fdisk you can use partprobe to tell the
> kernel to re-read partition tables.
>
> Regards,
> Stefan

Thanks Stefan for your answer. I know partprobe - but does it work on a
mounted partition? Or is it more like:

- expand raid
- unmount part. on primary
- delete part. via fdisk and create new part
- on primary: drbdadm resize resource
- on primary: xfs_grow to grow the fs

=> done.

So the document
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-resizing.html
here is outdated?

Cause it is written that:
"
The affected resource's backing device must be one managed by a logical
volume management subsystem, such as LVM or EVMS.
"

Greets
Stefan