[DRBD-user] Problem with upgrading drbd storage

Robert Dunkley Robert at saq.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 16:53:07 CET 2009

I think you need to create the Meta Data on the disk first.

You could try this on the upgraded machine but beware I'm pretty sure
its destructive:
drbdadm create-md RESOURCENAME

Then do this from the un-upgraded machine with the good data (Be warned
this is DESTRUCTIVE and will overwrite all data on the other machine):
drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary RESOURCENAME

My guess is the metadata was wiped when you edited the partition table.
You might want to wait for a second opinion on this as I am not a DRBD
expert.

Rob