[DRBD-user] 3-node active/active/active config?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 07:08:30 CET 2009

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but it seems like with
8.3's dual primary support, it's possible to set up a 3-node, all
active drbd cluster.

Each node would be dual primary with each other node.  Node A would
form drbd0 with node B and drbd1 with node C.  Node B would have drbd0
with A and drbd2 with C.  And, C would have drbd1 with A and drbd2
with B.

Then you can use software raid to create md0 on each node with its
respective drbd devices.

Noce A:  md0 (drbd0, drbd1)
Node B:  md0 (drbd0, drbd2)
Node C:  md0 (drbd1, drbd2)

Then format md0 on each node with a cluster filesystem like ocfs2 with
each node as a member of the cluster.

Do the drbd experts here have any thoughts on how this idea would go
horribly wrong?  Thanks for any input and feedback.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in