[DRBD-user] LVM PV on drbd block device

hans morbus2000 morbus2000 at web.de
Thu Nov 12 16:49:32 CET 2009

hi,

the VG and LV doesnŽt contain "drbd" example vgdrbd or lvdrbd
we configure lvm.conf
filter = [ "a|sd.*|", "a|drbd.*|", "r|.*|" ]
This filter expression accepts PV signatures found on any SCSI and DRBD devices, while rejecting (ignoring) all others.

on both nodes
# pvcreate /dev/sdx
# pvscan -v
# vgcreate vgtest /dev/sdx
# vgscan

# lvcreate --name lvtest -l xxxxxx vgtest
# lvdisplay

create drbd device and Initial device synchronization primary / secondary

initial drbd device as physical volume
# pvcreate -ddd -vvv /dev/drbdx
# pvscan -v (shows PV /dev/drbdx)

on one node create VG on drbd device
# vgcreate -ddd -vvv vgontop /dev/drbdx
# vgscan -v
# lvcreate --name lvontop --size xxTB vgontop
# lvdisplay
> lv only on one node

on this node
# vgchange -a n vgontop
# drbdadm secondary drbdx

on the other node
# drbdadm primary drbdx
# vgchange -a y vgontop

--> now, lv on top of drbd to be available on both nodes

Regards
Andreas