[DRBD-user] DRBD replication for disaster Recovery

Adam Gandelman adam at linbit.com
Wed Nov 11 21:22:37 CET 2009

Hi-

If you've got a local HA cluster working and want to move one node to
the DR site, make the two nodes talk to each other over the WAN and
update drbd.conf (IPs, ports, protocol).  Take HA out of the equation
and manage DRBD manually (add to existing recovery procedure?) because
trusting a CRM with cross-site failover is not the best idea. See how it
works.

Or you can  add a third node to your existing setup. Stack it on top of
your existing DRBD resource and achieve both HA + geographically diverse
redundancy:
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-pacemaker-stacked-resources.html

Performance over your WAN may be sub-par, consider DRBD Proxy.

--
: Adam Gandelman
: LINBIT - Your Way to High Availability

--
Adam Gandelman - 503-573-1262 x203