[DRBD-user] OK to Extend LV Under DRBD?

Robinson, Eric eric.robinson at psmnv.com
Wed Nov 4 12:36:08 CET 2009

Hi all!

I have my drbd disk on a logical volume that is running out of space.

    device     /dev/drbd0;
    disk       /dev/vg01/lv01;

drbd0 is 400GB and about 80% full.

Is there any danger or issues of concern if I want to simply extend
logical volume lv01 and thus increase the size of device drbd0? Can this
be done "live," or is there a special procedure? Will this have any
implications for the ext3 filesystem mounted on drbd0?

Also, as a separate question, are there any performance or reliability
issues that I should know about that occur when drbd disks start filling
up?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - November 4, 2009
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for drbd-user at lists.linbit.com. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of Physician Select Management and Physician's Managed Care. Warning: Although Physician Select Management and Physician's Managed Care have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the companies cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.