[DRBD-user] open source ha san

er krishna erkrishna at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 06:01:06 CET 2009

Dear Lars,

Please find my how to of  HA SAN. I am attaching the how to & patches and
the purpose is as follows:

1) The patch fixes a bug of AoE driver [ if on client side the target is
dead, even it shows the files in mounted directory ]. If you dont apply this
patch then you won't have this feature in AoE driver.

2) How to : My how to explains the integration of AoE + DRBD + Heartbeat.
There are three nodes, one node is client & two nodes are servers. The
client uses AoE service (exported block device) from the primary node and if
the primary node fails, AoE service will be started on secondary node. The
client won't feel any disturbance in case of failover.

Lars,

I have two seperate document regarding all available AoE targets ( their how
to) ,  description,  integration (with DRBD & Heartbeat) and their complete
design. If you would like to keep those documents also on DRBD site after
your review, then please let me know.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Krishna