[DRBD-user] drbd8 and ubuntu 9.10 == :(

Andrew Barringer abarringer at bsecure.com
Tue Nov 3 21:02:23 CET 2009

All,

On a clean install of 9.10 I run the following

apt-get install linux-headers-server

apt-get install drbd8-utils

Following are the results... what should I do?

Adding [drbd8-8.3.3] Module to DKMS build system

ERROR: Missing kernel headers.

You appear to have at least some kernel headers

installed, but you do not have the necessary

headers to build drbd8-source against this kernel.

You might try installing the meta package:

 $ sudo apt-get install linux-headers-server

or specifically

 $ sudo apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.31-11-server

to obtain the necessary build dependencies.

dpkg: error processing drbd8-source (--configure):

 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
status 1

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of drbd8-utils:

 drbd8-utils depends on drbd8-source; however:

  Package drbd8-source is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing drbd8-utils (--configure):

No apport report written because the error message indicates its a
followup error from a previous failure.

 drbd8-source

 drbd8-utils