[DRBD-user] Performance tuning

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Thu May 28 15:49:49 CEST 2009

That seemed to do the trick, thanks!

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+
Network Engineer	Safe Data, Inc.
(910) 285-7200	david at safedatausa.com

-----Original Message-----
From: drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com
[mailto:drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com] On Behalf Of Gordan Bobic
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:54 AM
To: drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
Subject: Re: [DRBD-user] Performance tuning

Have you tried no-disk-flushes, no-md-flushes options?
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/re-drbdconf.html

Flushes and/or barriers can cause performance issues on some RAID hardware.
Make sure you don't disable drain, though.

Gordan

On Wed, 27 May 2009 08:57:02 -0400, David Ruggles <david at safedatausa.com>
wrote:
> I've got a gigabit crossover link between two Dell PE 2650s running
CentOS
> 5.3
>
> I've tested the link with iperf and it tests out to a 980Mbps link,
however
> drbd only achieves about 5-8 MBps during full sync. (I'm not sure how to
> see
> what the normal sync performance is) I would expect to get some where
> around
> 100 MBps.
>
> I've googled and read everything I can find on optimizing, but nothing
I've