[DRBD-user] Issue running OpenSAF with the DRBD service turned on-2

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon May 4 10:39:02 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 10:58:46AM +0530, Dushyant Dhalia wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am facing problem while running OpenSAF with DRBD service turned on.
> DRBD service starts but SCAP stucks and gets timed out.

I have to admit that I have no idea what you are talking about.

> Please refer to link
> http://list.opensaf.org/archives/users/2007-September/000339.html
> This thread describes a similar scenario, i have already done the
> changes described in this thread but to no avail. Some of my drbd
> configuration parameters are -
>
>   * drbd partition - /dev/sda15, this is 256 MB (is there any lower
>     limit of the size of this partition)and for meta data i have used
>     "internal" (does opensaf work with meta-disk set to internal?

why not? it should not care about service internal configuration.

>     )which would be (i suppose) 128 MB.

nope, it only uses as much as necessary, which would be ~44 kB
for a 256 MB storage.

>   * syncer rate is 10M, LAN in the cluster is 100Mbps
>
> I gave the following commands -
>
>  1. drbdadm create-md all
>  2. nis_scxb start
>
> The result is (on both machines, primary as well as secondary) -
> Starting Node Initialization Daemon: /opt/opensaf/controller/bin/ncs_nid
> Moving /var/opt/opensaf/nidlog to /var/opt/opensaf/old_nidlog ...Done.
> Moving /var/opt/opensaf/stdouts to /var/opt/opensaf/old_stdouts ...Done.
> Sat May  2 16:39:36 IST 2009
> Starting OpenSAF Services...
> Starting TIPC service... Done.
> Starting RDF service... Done.
> RDF-ROLE for this System Controller is: 0, ACTIVE
> Starting DRBD service... Done.
> Starting DTSV service... Done.
> Starting MASV service... Done.
> Starting PSSV service... Done.
> Starting EDSV service... Done.
> Starting SUBAGT service... Done.
> Starting SCAP service... SERVICE Initialization Failed Error: Timed out
>
> Output of "cat /proc/drbd" command on primary is following:
> version: 8.3.0 (api:88/proto:86-89)
> GIT-hash: 9ba8b93e24d842f0dd3fb1f9b90e8348ddb95829 build by
> root at localhost.localdomain, 2009-05-01 15:04:28
>
> 1: cs:WFConnection ro:Primary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnknown C r---
>   ns:0 nr:0 dw:3127 dr:426 al:11 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 ep:1 wo:b
> oos:256964
>
> and on secondary cat: /proc/drbd: No such file or directory

then no one has started (meaning: loaded the module, configured the
driver) on that node. start it there, or if someone was supposed
to start it, find out why that did not work out.

> When i run drbd without opensaf it's working fine.

there.
then I don't think I can be of much help ;)

snipsnap.

> Logs are attached. Any piece of suggestion/ advice is welcome.

1.6 MB of probably mostly completely irrelevant logs rejected.
maybe you should have a look at those logs yourself, first?
my guess it that there is somewhere a plain english error message in
there, telling you exactly what went wrong.

--
: Lars Ellenberg