[DRBD-user] DRBD 8.3.1 vs kernel 2.6.26

Chris DiMartino chris.dimartino at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 05:21:45 CET 2009

I've just installed 8.3.1 against my compiled version of 2.6.26.  I've
installed sha1 as part of kernel, and md5 and most other digest crypto
as modules.  When attempting to set verify-alg or csums-alg, I get the
following:

0: Failure: (145) CSUMSAlgNotDigest
Command 'drbdsetup 0 syncer --set-defaults --create-device
--verify-alg=sha1 --csums-alg=sha1 --al-extents=127 --rate=110M'
terminated with exit code 10
1: Failure: (145) CSUMSAlgNotDigest

This happens regardless of type of crypto chosen.

lsmod | grep md5:
md5                     5024  0

and sha1 is inbuilt into the kernel:
CONFIG_CRYPTO_SHA1=y