[DRBD-user] drbd-8.3.1rc1.tar.gz

Bruno Voigt Bruno.Voigt at ic3s.de
Wed Mar 18 14:28:39 CET 2009

Hi Phil,
reads like an overall great step forward regarding less administration
overhead..

Philipp Reisner wrote:

> *) The udev rule provides you nice symlinks for the drbd device nodes:
>
>    /dev/drbd/by-res/foo-bar

Will it be possible (in a future release?) to omit the device clause in
the resource definition
if the application will only use the symlinks and doesn't care for the
actual minor device used?
So that the using systems doesn't need to check for unallocated device
numbers during new resource creation / resource move to another cluster
system.

> *) include statement:
>    Although we have not yet changed the configuration examples, but now
>    it is possible to have a drbd.conf that looks like this:
>
>    include "/etc/drbd.d/global_shared.conf"
>    include "/etc/drbd.d/*.res"

I just tried it by moving a resource definition to it's own file
/etc/drbd.conf.d/win.conf
which is included at the end of the /etc/drbd.conf via
include "/etc/drbd.conf.d/*.conf";
So the include statement is at the very same position the resource
definition was before
but upon drbdadm adjust all I get an error.

ð ø:2: in resource win-disk:
        protocol definition missing.

Of course there is a common { protocol C; } definition before in the
drbd.conf.
Isn't the include a direct text replacement ?

resource win-disk {
  disk               /dev/vg01/win-disk;
  flexible-meta-disk /dev/vg01/win-disk-drbdmeta;
  device             /dev/drbd15;
  on xen20a.fqdn  { address   10.10.10.166:20015; }
  on xen20b.fqdn { address   10.10.10.167:20015; }
}

I have to admit that I'm using the debian experimental package 2:8.3.1~rc1-1
and haven't build it myself directly from your git repository.

WR,
Bruno