[DRBD-user] Change device node?

Marc Smith marc.smith at mcc.edu
Wed Mar 18 13:50:00 CET 2009

Hi,

I just setup DRBD on a couple RHEL servers. I created three resources,
and I started my device node numbering at 1, and I'd like it to start
at 0.

resource ast_spool {
        device /dev/drbd1;
        disk /dev/sda5;
        meta-disk internal;
        on jekyll.mcc.edu {
                address 172.16.12.1:7788;
        }
        on hyde.mcc.edu {
                address 172.16.12.2:7788;
        }
}

I read in the DRBD manual that you can change resources in
/etc/drbd.conf and it will work, but I just wanted to confirm that
includes changing the device node. So, if I change this line:
device /dev/drbd1;
To this:
device /dev/drbd0;
On both nodes, then issue 'drbdadm adjust ast_spool' on both, will
that work? Is it going to hurt if its sync'ing right now?

Thanks,

Marc