[DRBD-user] drbd helper exit code 0!

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Mar 16 11:33:57 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 01:03:58AM +0200, Theophanis Kontogiannis wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I have a 2 nodes cluster running Centos 5.2, 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5.centos.plus
> kernel, and drbd-8.3.0-3 with drbd-km-2.6.18_92.1.22.el5.centos.plus-8.3.0-3
> compiled and installed as rpm by myself.
>

> Until recently I had drbd, clvmd and gfs2 start in sequence as services. I
> decided to make them start as a cluster service. Since that moment I always
> get the following message on either node (on the one starting last the drbd
> service).
>

> Mar 16 00:47:49 localhost kernel: drbd0: helper command: /sbin/drbdadm
> after-resync-target minor-0
>
> Mar 16 00:47:49 localhost kernel: drbd0: helper command: /sbin/drbdadm
> after-resync-target minor-0 exit code 0 (0x0)
>

> Anyone knows what it is, if it really means problems, and how to solve it?

it is not a problem, but a feature, introduced in drbd 8.2.something.
there is nothing to solve.
it is an informational message only.
if however the exit code is != 0, then it would be a WARNING.

there is the before-resync-target and after-resync-target hook,
which is intended to give you the chance to automatically
snapshot a synctarget before actually starting the sync,
and release that snapshot once the origin is consistent again.

man drbd.conf or the users guide should have something about it.

--
: Lars Ellenberg