[DRBD-user] Why not keep track of peer outdated on up node?

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 6 20:09:41 CET 2009

I am going to ask this again since I did not get
a reply last time.  Perhaps someone who overlooked
my question could answer it this time? :)

If node B goes down while node A is still primary,
should it not be possible to keep track of the fact
that node B is now outdated on node A?  This way,
if node A goes down while node B is still down,
when node A comes back up it should know that it
can safely proceed to primary without waiting for
node B to return.

If the cluster was degraded when node A went down,
it should be able to continue to operate degraded
safely when node A comes backup right?  Is there
anything wrong with this logic?  Are there
currently any mechanisms to do this?  Would you
consider implementing this in drbd?

Thanks,

-Martin