[DRBD-user] drbdadm resize does nothing

jack marrow jackmarrow2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 11:22:53 CET 2009

Hello,

I have an LV, /dev/vg_drbd/lv_drbd, which I grew.
# lvm lvs
  LV      VG      Attr   LSize Origin Snap%  Move Log Copy%  Convert
  lv_drbd vg_drbd -wi-ao 1.17G

I then ran:
# drbdadm resize r0

but I still see the old size:
# df -h /mnt/drbd
/dev/drbd0             97M  5.6M   87M   7% /mnt/drbd

umount/mount does not help. reboot does not help.

This is a drbd device on top of LVM, with a plain old mount for the
/dev/drbd0 device.

What am I doing wrong?