[DRBD-user] Fwd: DRBD check script

Luca Lesinigo luca at lm-net.it
Mon Mar 2 12:04:56 CET 2009

Il giorno 02/mar/09, alle ore 10:42, Martin Gombac ha scritto:
>> before i write my own, has anyone already written the script that
>> checks status of drbd devices (connected/consistent status) which
>> does an action (sends mail?) upplon inconsistent/disconnected
>> filesystem/node?
>> If so would he share it with the rest of us?

Nagios includes a plugin to check DRBD status:
> srv1 ~ # /usr/local/bin/check_drbd -d All
> DRBD OK: Device 1 Secondary Connected UpToDate
Of course it just follows nagios plugin's interface and will report
stuff on stdout.

Depending on your situation, you could think about installing a full-
fledged monitoring system (like nagios) or write your own cron job
that will send an email if the plugin spits out anything that doesn't
start with "DRBD OK".

The check_drbd script itself is written in Perl and is under the GPL
license.

--
Luca Lesinigo
LM Networks S.r.l.