[DRBD-user] DRBD - on ARM (armel)

Philipp Reisner philipp.reisner at linbit.com
Thu Jun 18 17:36:04 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 20:12:32 Nick Liebmann wrote:
> Hello again Philipp,
>
> I must be going mad........

Nick,

I found something the open moko freerunner is good for ;)

The kernel in the freerunner's default config seems to have a
trap handler for unaligned accesses and fixes them.

But that can be disabled:
echo 0 > /proc/cpu/alignment

With that we where able to reproduce the issue. The bug was
not the code, the bug is that gcc produces incorrect code
when using memcpy. -- As soon as we switched that to memmove
it worked. -- But only at certain optimisation levels.

Without any "-O" it woked even with memcpy.

I have pushed the patch to the public git repo, please confirm
that it works now for you as well.

-Phil
--
: Dipl-Ing Philipp Reisner
: Tel: +43-1-8178292-50, Fax: +43-1-8178292-82

DRBD(R) and LINBIT(R) are registered trademarks of LINBIT, Austria.