[DRBD-user] resize an drbd/lvm/xen

Heiko rupertt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 08:27:40 CEST 2009

Hi,

i just got it working.

these are the steps i took:

shutdown VM
lvextend on botch machines
drbdadmin /dev/drbd17 resize
wait for sync complete
fdisk /dev/drbd17
delete the old partition
create a new partition, just with the new full size
kpartx -qv /dev/drbd17
now I have the FS under /dev/mapper/drbd17p1
e2fsck -f /dev/mapper/drbd17p1
resize2fs /dev/mapper/drbd17p1
kpartx -d /dev/drbd17

now boot the VM and check with df -h if the HD is now bigger
Hope I didnt miss anything.

thnx for your help

.r