[DRBD-user] resize an drbd/lvm/xen

Heiko rupertt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:21:49 CEST 2009

Hello,

i have to grow one VM that is mirrored with drbd.
We use LVM partitions for drbd.

Will the following steps be enough?

shutdown vm
shutdown drbd devices
lvresize on both servers
connect drbd devices

now im stuck because I resize the root FS.
Can i boot into the VM and that fdisk the root to the new size and than do
an resize2f?
Or can I do that resize when its offline? Like with kpartx?
When i do that I see this partition table:

 kpartx -av  /dev/drbd10
add map drbd10p1 : 0 20964762 linear /dev/drbd10 63
[root at dev1.fr.internal:~]# fdisk -l /dev/mapper/drbd10p1

Disk /dev/mapper/drbd10p1: 10.7 GB, 10733958144 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1304 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Disk /dev/mapper/drbd10p1 doesn't contain a valid partition table

I created these VM with virt-install. looks like it doesnt create a valid
partition.
Will it still be possible to resize this?

here the resource definiton:

resource PL {
  protocol C;
  startup {