[DRBD-user] DRBD - on ARM (armel)

Nick nickdrbd at alfiecam.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 18:24:49 CEST 2009

Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 02:37:21PM +0100, Nick wrote:
>
>> Thank-you very much for looking into this. I was preparing myself for a
>> weekend, of delving into this stuff, which at first glance looked like
>> it wasn't going to be too much fun ;-)
>>
>> I see you have removed the (short*) cast.... I am not sure if it is
>> necessary, but I though it might be helpful on big-endian platforms,
>> where hopefully the compiler would take the pointer to the
>> least-significant  word???
>>

> -static void add_tag(struct drbd_tag_list *tl, int tag, void *data, int data_len)
> +static void add_tag(struct drbd_tag_list *tl, short int tag, void *data, short int data_len)
>
> they are now short.
> they should have been, anyways.

Agreed. That is much cleaner.

>> I will apply your fixes, and have a play over the weekend.
>>
>> With my fixes, the current issue I have is:
>>
>> Everything, claims to work, except data-changes are not propagated to
>> the other peer....
>>

> how to you check whether or not changes "propagate" ?

Well I am in dual-primary mode.

I mounted the drbd device at both ends....

I touch a file at one end and would expect to see the file at the
other......

My filesystem is just ext3 so I think I am right in assuming that this
is actually an INCORRECT assumption, as far as the filesystem is
concerned, so I tried combinations of unmounting (and remounting on the
remote peer), and even restarting drbd.

Previously this was not working, however with your latest patch (I
couldn't wait to test it ;-)))...this is working to some degree...

I now just have to unmount the ext3 filesystem, and remount it (-o
remount has no effect) and I see changes propagated.

I hope moving from ext3 to OCFS2 will sort out this issue ?? Yes??

I will continue my testing over the weekend, and run the tests you asked.

Thanks

Nick