[DRBD-user] Tape backups (yes, again)

Brian R. Hellman brian at linbit.com
Thu Jun 11 21:14:40 CEST 2009

Hi Ken,

The method you outlined would work, however if you're stopping DRBD and
Heartbeat there would be no reason to bring down the dedicated
replication link.

Also check out the csums-alg setting, below is the excerpt from the
drbd.conf man page.

  csums-alg hash-alg

    A resync process sends all marked data blocks form the source to the
destination node, as long as no csums-alg is given. When one is
specified the resync process exchanges hash values of all marked blocks
first, and sends only those data blocks over, that have different hash
values.

    This setting is useful for DRBD setups with low bandwidth links.
During the restart of a crashed primary node, all blocks covered by the
activity log are marked for resync. But a large part of those will
actually be still in sync, therefore using csums-alg will lower the
required bandwidth in exchange for CPU cycles.

Hope that helps.

Brian

: 8152 SW Hall Blvd., Suite #209 : Beaverton, OR 97008
:
: http://www.linbit.com