[DRBD-user] cs:WFReportParams/cs:WFBitMapS status remains, no sync

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jun 10 15:59:06 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 01:58:06PM +0200, Reinier Haasjes wrote:
> > hmmm. too bad.
> > the combination of after-sb- configuration you chose
> > leads into a deadlock within the drbd state handling on ha1 :(
> > we'll fix that.
>
> What after-sb- configuration do you advise on a 2 box, multipath
> configuration (both boxes are primary and used as a primary)?

I don't.
that is definetely nothing for a "short email".

> > what would have been intended for this combination of after-sb-
> > configuration is ha1 tries to become Secondary,
> > if that succeeds it becomes normal SyncTarget.
> > if that does not succeed, it would call the lost-after-sb handler,
> > which you need to define, and which is supposed to hard reboot the box.
> >
> > because that handler is not configured, but the rr-conflict is on the
> > default disconnect, you'd then get on ha1 "I shall become SyncTarget,
> > but I am primary!", and ha1 would go StandAlone.
> >

> I changed my config a little (rr-conflict and pri-lost-after-sb) and
> did the test again, same results:

the "we'll fix that" above should be read as
"thank you for triggering and indicating this bug,
 we think we have understand the problem and are working on it"

> root at ha2:/etc# drbdadm dump
> # /etc/drbd.conf
> common {
>     syncer {
>         rate             10M;
>     }
> }
>
> # resource shared on ha2: not ignored, not stacked
> resource shared {
>     protocol               C;
>     on ha2 {
>         device           /dev/drbd0;
>         disk             /dev/data/shared;
>         address          ipv4 192.168.0.2:7788;
>         meta-disk        internal;
>     }
>     on ha1 {
>         device           /dev/drbd0;
>         disk             /dev/data/shared;
>         address          ipv4 192.168.0.1:7788;
>         meta-disk        internal;
>     }
>     net {
>         allow-two-primaries;
>         cram-hmac-alg    sha256;
>         shared-secret    DRBD2KVM;
>         after-sb-0pri    discard-least-changes;
>         after-sb-1pri    call-pri-lost-after-sb;
>         after-sb-2pri    call-pri-lost-after-sb;
>         rr-conflict      call-pri-lost;

pri-lost and pri-lost-after-sb are _different_,
and call _different_ handlers.
you'd need to also configure pri-lost "..."; below.

--
: Lars Ellenberg