[DRBD-user] outdated disk after upgrade from 0.7.23 to 8.3.0

ILLES, Marton marton.illes at balabit.com
Thu Jun 4 21:10:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a drbd node running 0.7.23 and upgraded it to 8.3.0, but after
the disk is configured the state is showed as outdated. (The
configuration currently has no slave node attached it is standalone) Of
course I can force it to consistent using "drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 primary
-o" command, but i do not like this solution.

To upgrade drbd I rebooted the box and before starting anything (before
even drbd initialized itself) I ran the following commands:

drbdmeta --force /dev/drbd0 v08 /dev/hda3 internal create-md
drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/hda3 /dev/hda3 internal --create-device

In the logs I could see that it states that 0K was marked out-of-sync.
So it looks like nothing is really outdated...

This setup is a test environment with no production data on it and it is
also in a snapshoted virtual machine, so I was able to do different
tests but with the same results.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

best,
Marton
--
Key fingerprint = F78C 25CA 5F88 6FAF EA21 779D 3279 9F9E 1155 670D