[DRBD-user] testing drbd without real deices

Rupert rupertt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:23:28 CEST 2009

Maros Timko wrote:
> Rupertt,
>
> TOE - TCP Offloading Engine is HW support of network card to improve
> performance. It is usually enabled by default on your network card.
> Check "ethtool -k" option and search on this list.
> Tino
> 2009/7/30 Rupert <rupertt at gmail.com <mailto:rupertt at gmail.com>>
>
>     Maros Timko wrote:
>
>         Heiko,
>         whhich machine crashes? Primary only, both?
>         I think it is primary but only in case xen VM is running on
>         top of DRBD. You can prevent crashes by disabling TOE. Or use
>         DRBD 8.3.2, AFAIK there should be a parameter that should help
>         in such setups.
>         Check older posts in this list.
>          Tino

Hello tino,

you mean this post?

http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20071214.134353.11ba93b1.de.html

this is what ethtool show me:
ethtool -k eth0
Offload parameters for eth0:
Cannot get device rx csum settings: Operation not supported
Cannot get device udp large send offload settings: Operation not supported
rx-checksumming: off
tx-checksumming: on
scatter-gather: on
tcp segmentation offload: on
udp fragmentation offload: off
generic segmentation offload: off

will disabling tx have any affect on traffic over this device?
there are 3 other VM that use that device, so i hesitate to just change
this setting.

cheers

.r