[DRBD-user] testing drbd without real deices

Heiko rupertt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 14:29:06 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Martin Gombac <martin at isg.si> wrote:

> In my humble opinion, drbd does't crash if you loose network connections.
> :-)
> Would be a first in history.
> Maybe heartbeat puts both sources to primary and when they join you got
> split brain.
> In this case you didn't set up heartbeat correctly.

Hello M.,

i had some people here that confirmed a bug in protocol C that causes these
crashes.
I also thought of heartbeat, but I now have 2 ucast devices and we still
have crashes and
no entries in the logfile that say it does a reboot on purpose:

only these messages:

heartbeat[2880]: 2009/07/27_11:59:37 ERROR: glib: Unable to send [-1] ucast
packet: No such device
heartbeat[2880]: 2009/07/27_11:59:37 ERROR: write_child: write failure on
ucast eth0.: No such device

my ha config looks like this

#use_logd on
logfile /var/log/ha-log
debugfile /var/log/ha-debug
logfacility local0
keepalive 2
deadtime 10
warntime 3
initdead 20
udpport 694
ucast eth0 172.17.8.201
ucast eth0 172.17.8.202
ucast eth1 172.31.0.1
ucast eth1 172.31.0.2
node xen-a1.fra1
node xen-b1.fra1
auto_failback on

haresources:

xen-a1.fra1 drbddisk::blrg  xen::blrg-vm1

thnx a lot

.r