[DRBD-user] upgrade problems

George izghitu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 04:49:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have 2 servers. Both were running Debian etch and drbd 7and heartbeat.

I decided to upgrade to Lenny. After I did the upgrade on one I
noticed that the drbd 7 kernel module won't build with the new kernel
and throws the following error:
scripts/Makefile.build:46: *** CFLAGS was changed in
"/usr/src/modules/drbd/drbd/Makefile". Fix it to use EXTRA_CFLAGS. Stop.

I went ahead and remove drbd 7 and installed drbd 8. To upgrade drbd 8
I followed this guide: http://tinyurl.com/ynmfqa
It says that when running drbdadm create-md resourcename it should
upgrade the metadata of the existing resource. Well it doesn't.
It says the following:
omega:/var/ossec# drbdadm create-md r0
md_offset 20998975488
al_offset 20998942720
bm_offset 20998299648

Found ext3 filesystem which uses 14865572 kB
current configuration leaves usable 20506152 kB

 ==> This might destroy existing data! <==

Do you want to proceed?
[need to type 'yes' to confirm] no

Operation cancelled.

My questions are:
Can I have drbd8 on one server and leave drbd7 on the other?
How do I upgrade the metadata on the resource?
Is there any way to run drbd7 on Debian Lenny?

Please help

Thanks

--
Server Surgeon Support
support at serversurgeon.com
http://www.serversurgeon.com
System Administration Services
Toll Free 1-877-E-SURGEON (877-378-7436)
International 623-374-6848
Get the system support you need when you need it.