[DRBD-user] Adding a third drbd node

Adam Taylor adam.taylor at wml.co.nz
Mon Jul 20 23:08:27 CEST 2009

Hi Everyone,

I currently have a two node cluster using heartbeat in a Primary/Secondary
mode.  My question is:

Is it possible to add a third node as a DR server (act as a second
secondary) using drbd version 8.2.5?  Or will I have to upgrade to 8.3?
These two servers are live at the moment and would rather not have to be
taking them offline for a version upgrade.

However, if this is the case, is there a "sure-fire" way to upgrading
versions?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam Taylor  |  Engineer  |  WML Software
Unit 3c  |  14-22 Triton Drive  |  Albany  |  Auckland

P.        +64 9 477 4555   |  F.    +64 9 478 6926
DDI.     +64 9 477 6375   |  MOB.    +64 21 621 519
E.          <mailto:adam.taylor at wml.co.nz> adam.taylor at wml.co.nz
W.         <http://www.wml.co.nz/> www.wml.co.nz  |
<http://www.compose.co.nz/> www.compose.co.nz

WML Software