[DRBD-user] running 2 different drbd versions in one cluster

Florian Haas florian.haas at linbit.com
Mon Jul 13 08:37:40 CEST 2009

On 07/12/2009 09:00 PM, Rupert wrote:
> Heiko wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> i just realized that we have one drbd cluster which runs on one site
>> 8.0.13 and on the other 8.2.6.
>> Which seems to work, But now I would like to update the other node to
>> 8.2.6.
>> Is there anything I have to take care of, or can I just update, reboot
>> the machine and be happy?
>>

>> thnx
>>

>> .r
> Did no one ever did this?

Judging from http://www.drbd.org/usage/graph-small/ over a thousand
people have done this (and let us know; the real number is probably much
higher). It just appears that no-one expects this to not work, anymore.
It's been covered on the list a number of times, too, which may explain
why initially nobody bothered to answer this time. :)

As Maros already pointed out, a reboot is of course unnecessary. That
is, unless you are upgrading your kernel at the same time.

Florian