[DRBD-user] bind before connect failed, err = -99

Richard Hector richard at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Jul 13 07:22:17 CEST 2009

Hi all,

One of my 2 machines doesn't seem to connect at boot time - doesn't
matter whether it's configured to come up as primary or secondary. This,
at a guess, seems relevant:

[   29.196417] drbd0: conn( Unconnected -> WFConnection )
[   29.196417] drbd0: bind before connect failed, err = -99
[   29.196417] drbd0: conn( WFConnection -> Disconnecting )

I've tried to find any docs regarding this without success - that bind
is an internal kernel one, not bind(2) (the syscall), right? My
expertise at navigating the kernel source is rather limited ...

If I run /etc/init.d/drbd restart after boot, it comes up fine.

Both machines are Debian Lenny, amd64, with drbd 8.3 from backports.org.

Any suggestions? Any more useful info I can supply?

Thanks,

Richard