[DRBD-user] configuration to drbd0.7

Simon.Bartlet at jhc.co.uk Simon.Bartlet at jhc.co.uk
Wed Jul 8 16:37:17 CEST 2009

you must have your drbd device still mounted or exported somewhere. what
are you running on top?

maybe:
umount /dev/drbd0
followed by
drbdadm secondary all

but it depends on what your doing with your drbd device....

From:
assem.chetoui at yahoo.fr
To:
drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
Date:
08/07/2009 15:29
Subject:
[DRBD-user] configuration to drbd0.7
Sent by:
drbd-user-bounces at lists.linbit.com

Hello everyone,

I've read all the posts regarding the above situation, but could not get
anything to work in our installation.

machine2# cat /proc/drbd
version: 0.7.21 (api:79/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 2326 build by buildsvn at build-i386, 2006-10-07 05:12:17
 0: cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ld:Consistent
    ns:94216 nr:0 dw:40 dr:94614 al:0 bm:29 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0
 1:cs:Unconfigured

but if I try to force drbd into secondary state it gives me:

machine2# drbdadm secondary all
ioctl(,SET_STATE,) failed: Device or resource busy
Someone has opened the device for RW access!
Command 'drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 secondary' terminated with exit code 20
drbdsetup exited with code 20

thanks

JHC are proud winners of the 2009 Best Retail Settlement System for FIGARO at the Systems in the City Awards held on 22 April 2009.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.
This message has been scanned for all known viruses. However, recipients are advised to apply their own antivirus detection measures to this message and any attachments upon receipt.

JHC Plc is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 2243258. Registered office:Canterbury House, 85 Newhall Street, Birmingham, B3 1LH, England.