[DRBD-user] maximal mount count reached

ha at buglecreek.com ha at buglecreek.com
Wed Jan 28 00:30:44 CET 2009

I am in the process of upgrading the OS on a 2 node cluster that is
running heartbeat-2.1.4-2.1 (R1 style), drbd-8.0.14, drbdlinks.  I have
rebuilt one node and while switching back and forth between nodes while
testing I noticed the following log entries:

INFO: Running start for /dev/drbd0 on /shared
kernel: EXT3-fs warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is
recommended
kernel: EXT3 FS on drbd0, internal journal

When heartbeat mounts the drbd device I am getting the maximal mount
count warning.  I'm not sure how to handle this on a drbd device.  I
have a simple setup with a separate disk on each node dedicated to drbd.
 No lvm, raid etc.  It just gets mounted to /shared by heartbeat. I'm
getting this on both nodes. Can you do a fsck on the backing device
(/dev/hda1) on the node that is not primary without causing problems?
Can anyone suggest a way to handle this?