[DRBD-user] Is it possible to block the boot process until theend of sync ?

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Mon Jan 26 15:47:37 CET 2009

..

> if you actually would want it to block until it is fully
> re-synchronized, then you'd have to alter the drbd init script,
> and add a something like
>   for dev in $(drbdadm sh-dev all) ; do
>   	drbdsetup $dev wait-sync
>   done
>
> where there is currently only the $DRBDADM wait-con-int
>
> (all typos and thinkos mine, use at your own risk.)

The way I handled this was to create a separate init script to be run
immediately after the supplied drbd init script.  That way an upgrading
drbd won't overwrite my changes.  Here's a link to my script, same
disclaimer to use at your own risk ('works for me').

http://web.acd.ccac.edu/~bpoyner/drbd/drbd_sync

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office