[DRBD-user] LVM, ext3, 3ware, Write Caching, and block sizes

Michael Moody michael at gsc.cc
Thu Jan 15 12:04:53 CET 2009

We have a nested lvm2 on CentOS 5.2 with reiserfs on top. Lvm2->drbd->lvm2->reiserfs (actually, we have 3 volumes this way, each at least 3.5TByte). All this is on a 3ware 9650 16 port card. I don't have a bbu on it, but it IS possible to enable the cache on the 3ware card using the 3ware cli, though it will warn you about not having the bbu. I did the same thing.

Michael