[DRBD-user] Automatic split brain recovery policies - after-sb-0pri - discard-older-primary

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Wed Jan 7 13:21:34 CET 2009

> I don't understand why this policy is very rarely used.

Well, the "older" primary is presumably the one with more changes. So
why automatically throw away that instead of the presumably "less"
changes on the "younger" primary?

That's just my explanation for it though.

> And in case of "discard-younger-primary" policy, node1 will be selected
> as the sync source. Am I right ?

Yes.

If I could give an answer on the rest of this E-Mail, I would have, so
please don't ask why I didn't :)

Regards
Dominik