[DRBD-user] Automatic split brain recovery policies - after-sb-0pri - discard-older-primary

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Wed Jan 7 11:22:31 CET 2009

> Ok, but, excuse me, as my english is far from perfect, I don't
> understand very well the discard-older-primary policy for after-sb-0pri:
> "Auto sync from the node that became primary as second during the
> split-brain situation."

Maybe an example can shed some light here.

* nodes node1 and node2 are disconnect at Time t0.
* At t1, node1 becomes primary.
* At t2, node2 becomes primary.
* At t4, both nodes are seconary again.
* At t5, nodes are reconnected.

Now after-sb-0pri (after split brain with currently 0 primaries), the
"discard-older-primary" policy will make node2 the sync source, as it
will discard the "older" primary (the node that became primary first).

Regards
Dominik