[DRBD-user] active/active but one node in read-only

Victor Hugo dos Santos listas.vhs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 13:34:42 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Lars Ellenberg
<lars.ellenberg at linbit.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 02:55:00PM -0300, Victor Hugo dos Santos wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> If I have two nodes with drbd (for example 8.2 and superior) with a
>> ext3 partition, and:
>>
>> - In node1, I setup it as Primary
>> - In node1, I mount /dev/drbd in /mnt/disco1 in RW mode
>> - In node1, I start various services (apache, samba,etc, etc) that
>> access (read and write) files in /mnt/disco1
>>
>> - In node2, I setup it as Primary too
>> - In node2, I mount /dev/drbd in /mnt/disco1-ro in RO mode
>> - In node2, I run various scripts/commands/services that access files
>> in /mnt-disco1-ro only for read (logwatch, webalizer, bacukps, others
>> for example)
>>
>> will work ??
>
> no.

sure ??
because, I read this document
http://www.drbd.org/fileadmin/drbd/publications/drbd8.linux-conf.eu.2007.pdf
and this paragraph in specific:

=============
12.3 reports or backups on the Secondary
If the lower level storage of DRBD is a logic volume (LV), you can do
a snapshot on the Secondary, and mount it.
This way you can access (a snapshot of) your data on the Secondary,
regardless of used file system. You then can drive database reports or
backups from there, without affecting the performance of the Primary
(well, almost; the additional write latency introduced by the
copy-on-write for the snapshot will propagate back).

and I don't understand difference between this and first example.

thanks

Victor Hugo dos Santos
Linux Counter #224399