[DRBD-user] DRBD troubleshooting

ewen fortune ewen.fortune at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 19:03:48 CET 2009

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for
trouble shooting IO issues.

Basically I was looking at a box with IO wait reflected in vmstat,
iostat shows the underlying devices are not saturated or experiencing
high wait or service times.

I am guessing that I can verify DRBD health by looking at the values
from /proc/drbd.

pe (pending). Number of requests sent to the partner, but that have
not yet been answered by the latter.

ua (unacknowledged). Number of requests received by the partner via
the network connection, but that have not yet been answered.

ap (application pending). Number of block I/O requests forwarded to
DRBD, but not yet answered by DRBD

These look pretty interesting, am I on the right track?.