[DRBD-user] Migrate data to bigger disks

Heiko Petzsch petzsch at gts-systems.de
Thu Feb 26 09:51:42 CET 2009

Hi,

I still seem to be mising something, due to my restricted experience with Linux.

I have successfully migrated my data to new larger disks. After executing "drbdadb reszize",
"cat /proc/partitions" gives me

 147     0 1465004928 drbd0

where 146500492 corresponds to the size of my new disk, 1500 GB.

After mounting /dev/drbd0 though I still see (using "df -h")

/dev/drbd0            230G  208G   11G  96% /data

where 230G correspond to the old size of my disks.

"mount" shows me that my file system is ext3. What do I have to do to use the existing disk
space ? My first idea would be

umount /data
resize2fs /dev/drbd0
mount -o rw /dev/drbd0 /data

... but as the data on the disk is rather important for our company, I would appreciate some
confirmation that I'm not going to destroy anything.

Heiko
--
Heiko Petzsch
GTS Systems and Consulting GmbH