[DRBD-user] Migrate data to bigger disks

Heiko Petzsch petzsch at gts-systems.de
Wed Feb 25 10:44:32 CET 2009

Hello Lars,

> > I thought that I could simply replace my disk on node 2, let DRDB
> care about synchronization
> > of the data, then switch primary and secondary node, and replace
> the disk on node 1. This
> > fails already within the first step, after replacing the disk DRDB
> complains: "Meta device too
> > small".
> >
> > What is the recommended procedure to migrate data to larger disks
> ?
>
> exactly as you describe it.
> though you then need to "drbdadm resize" it,
> afterwards.

ok, once I get that far...

> how big, exactly, is the new disk? (cat /proc/partitions)

major minor  #blocks  name

   8     0  244198584 sda
   8     1    4200966 sda1
   8     2   20972857 sda2
   8     3   32009512 sda3
   8    16  244198584 sdb
   8    17  244196001 sdb1
   8    32 1465138584 sdc
   8    33       8032 sdc1
 147     0  244064928 drbd0

*ARGL*... sdb1 is the old disk, sdc1 the new one, I must have mishandled
fdisk somehow... *runhideinadarkcorner*

> do you try with external or internal meta data?

internal.

Sorry to have bothered you, thanks a lot for your help ! :-)

Heiko

--
Heiko Petzsch
GTS Systems and Consulting GmbH