[DRBD-user] Using DRBD drbddisk RA in Heartbeat R2 configuration

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Feb 25 10:21:45 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:44:27AM -0700, Nicholas Dronen wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Does anyone know the reason for the Note on this page about using the
> drbddisk RA in Hearbeat V2-style clusters?  Why do the DRBD developers
> discourage the use of the V2 RA?
>
>     http://wiki.linux-ha.org/DRBD/HowTov2
>
>     Note: as of 2008-02-15, the DRBD developers recommend to use the
> v1 drbddisk RA,
>     although the v2 DRBD RA has been reported to work by some users
> (decide on your own!)

when that note was written,
multi-state (or master-slave, or whatever you want to call them)
resources still did not work (as expected, for me).

crm in heartbeat 2.1.4, and most importantly, crm now in pacemaker,
improved here.

I don't think the "periodically monitoring" is of much use,
though, currently.

so for a "standard" two-node setup,
it does not matter much annymore.
it gives you no advantage either way,
they just behave different on "stop" or "standby".

--
: Lars Ellenberg